Mission & Guiding Values
Susquehanna University: A Plan for Greater Intellectual Engagement and a Stronger University Community
Susquehanna University educates students for productive, creative and reflective lives of achievement, leadership, and service in a diverse, dynamic and interdependent world.
Susquehanna University is
- A selective, residential, national liberal arts college focused on an undergraduate education integrating the liberal arts and preparation for professions and careers.
- A learning community that values diversity; intellectual collaboration among faculty and students; scholarship, research, and creative activity; health in mind, body and spirit; and learning in and out of the classroom.
- An enduring community that inspires and empowers alumni to be perpetual stewards of their alma mater and to strengthen the core educational experience of students.
- A working community that recognizes its faculty and staff as its greatest resource, values cooperation, and expects ethical behavior and mutual respect from all its members.
- A responsible community committed to financial and environmental sustainability and a pragmatic and ambitious approach to its work.
- A valuable resource serving the local community and region, while engaging in the larger world through strong national and international connections.
- A physically attractive setting for reflection and learning.
- A community that expresses its Lutheran heritage through the free and open exploration of ideas, commitment to service, development of individual talents and the welcoming of individuals of all backgrounds and beliefs.