How to Apply
Applying to the Workshop
2013 Dates: July 7-13, 2013
All applications must be received prior to June 15. (This is a revised date from the original deadline of May 1 listed in the brochure.)
Experienced writers entering 11th or 12th grade in the fall of 2013 are eligible to attend the 2013 Writers Workshop. Applicants must submit a portfolio consisting of 5-6 poems or 6-8 pages of fiction or creative nonfiction. Writers Workshop attendees are selected based on teacher or counselor recommendations and the quality of their portfolio submission.
Applications and portfolios can be submitted in one of the following two ways. No preference is given to either application method. (The application form can be printed from the workshop brochure.)
1) By email to email@example.com
2) By mail to:
Gary Fincke, Ph.D.
610 University Ave.
Selinsgrove, PA 17870
Your application should include the following information:
- Address (including city, state & zip)
- Email and/or telephone number
- Year in school (the year you will enter at the start of the 2013-2014 school year)
- Workshop preference (poetry, fiction or creative nonfiction)
- T-shirt size
- Teacher or counselor recommendation
Deadlines and Fees
- April 15 – Applications postmarked, or receied via email, by this date will be charged a registration fee of $730.
- April 16 and after – Applications postmarked, or received via email, after this date will be charged a registration fee of $770.
After receiving your acceptance letter, accepted applicants must register and pay online. Payments must be made by June 20 to confirm your workshop reservation. (Please be sure to provide an email, acceptance letters sent after June 1 will be sent via email to allow time to provide deposit or full payment by June 20.)