How to Apply
2015 Dates: To be announced
Applying to the Workshop
All applications must be received prior to May 1.
Experienced writers entering 11th or 12th grade in the fall of 2015 are eligible to attend the 2015 Writers Workshop. Applicants must submit a portfolio consisting of 5-6 poems or 6-8 pages of fiction or creative nonfiction. Writers Workshop attendees are selected based on teacher or counselor recommendations and the quality of their portfolio submission.
Applications and portfolios can be submitted in one of the following two ways. No preference is given to either application method. (The application form can be printed from the workshop brochure.)
1) By email to email@example.com
2) By mail to:
Gary Fincke, Ph.D.
610 University Ave.
Selinsgrove, PA 17870
Your application should include the following information:
- Address (including city, state & zip)
- Email and telephone number
- Year in school (the year you will enter at the start of the 2015-2016 school year)
- Workshop preference (poetry, fiction or creative nonfiction)
- T-shirt size
- Teacher or counselor recommendation
Deadlines and Fees:
- April 15 – Applications postmarked, or received via email, by this date will be charged a registration fee of $750.
- April 16 and after – Applications postmarked, or received via email, after this date will be charged a registration fee of $800.
- by mail, send payments to the application address listed above
- on-line at http://www.susqu.edu/about/41456.asp
After receiving your acceptance letter, accepted applicants must register and pay online. Payments must be made by June 20 to confirm your workshop reservation. (Please be sure to provide an email, acceptance letters sent after June 1 will be sent via email to allow time to provide deposit or full payment by June 20.)