High School Choral Institute
July 6-12, 2014
Susquehanna University’s High School Choral Institute is a unique summer performance experience for high school students. This week-long residential program focuses on improving students' musicianship, vocal technique and choral performance skills.
- Sing in the institute choir conducted by Julia Thorn, D.M.A., and Jason Vodicka, D.M.A.
- Take classes in music theory, conducting, diction and vocal science.
- Receive group vocal instruction from Susquehanna voice faculty.
- Hear performances by SU students and faculty.
- Participate in the closing concert in Stretansky Concert Hall.
- Experience a week in the life of Susquehanna student.
Who may apply
High school students entering grades 9-12 in the fall of 2014 are invited to apply. Selection is based on letter of recommendation from your choral director, voice teacher, pastor or counselor. One letter should be emailed directly to camp administrator Sara Adams. The letter should recommend applicants based not only on their musical talent but also on character. An online application form should be submitted in advance of letters of recommendation.
Includes room, board, and tuition.
$510 if online application is completed on or before March 1.
$560 if online application is completed on or before April 1.
$610 if online application is completed after April 1.
A limited number of scholarships are available. Students should apply by April 1 to receive consideration for these discounts.
Notification of acceptance
Once all application materials have been received, students will be notified of their acceptance status via email. Payment can then be made to the university.