- Manuscripts must be typewritten and double-spaced on 8 1/2 x 11 pages. The writer's name, address and appropriate teacher must appear on each page. Please be sure to affix sufficient postage.
- We do not return written submissions. Please keep a copy for yourself. All rights return to the writer after publication. We will ask students whose work is chosen to send an electronic copy.
- If you are submitting photographs and would like them returned, please include an adequately sized, stamped, self-addressed envelope. You must include your name and address on the back of each photograph. All other work will be destroyed.
- There are no restrictions on style, subject matter or length (up to 30 pages). We are looking for the best-written work and photography/graphics by high school students (grades 9-12) from the United States.
- Categories for submissions are:
- We send copies of The Apprentice Writer to accepted contributors and their teachers.
- We are unable to acknowledge those works, which are not accepted for publication. If you have not heard from us by May 15, your work has not been accepted.
- Submit individually or have your teacher send to:
Writers Institute Director
610 University Ave.
Selinsgrove, PA 17870-1164
Submission Deadline: March 15, 2013
Acceptance announcements will be mailed by May 15, 2013
Publication and Distribution: September 2013