1. Manuscripts must be typed in Times New Roman, 12pt font, in Microsoft Word format and sent as an email attachment. (Prose entries should be double-spaced and poetry single-spaced.) Photograph entries should be included as jpeg. files.
2. Categories for submissions are: fiction, memoir, personal essay, photography, and poetry.
3. Submissions should be sent, via email, according to genre. (All fiction submissions in 1 email, all memoir submissions in 1 email, all personal essay submissions in 1 email, etc.).
4. All rights return to the writer after publication.
5. There are no restrictions on style, subject, or length (up to 30 pages). We look for the best written work and photography by high school students (grades 9-12) from the United States.
6. We send print copies of The Apprentice Writer to accepted contributors and their teachers.
7. We are unable to acknowledge those works that are not accepted for publication. If you have not heard from us by May 15, 2015, your work has not been accepted.
8. Please include your name, full mailing address (street, city, state & zip), email address, grade, name of teacher, and school in your email AND on the first page of your submission(s). (For photographs, include information in the text of your email only.)
9. Send email submissions to email@example.com with the heading ‘(CATEGORY NAME) - APPRENTICE WRITER SUBMISSION’.
Please be sure you have carefully read and followed the instructions above before submitting your work for consideration. Any emails that do not follow submission requirements will be returned for re-submission.
Submission Deadline: March 10, 2015
Acceptance announcements will be mailed by May 9, 2015
Publication and distribution: September 2015