SU in China: Macau
Susquehanna University maintains an exchange agreement with the University of Macau, located 37 miles from Hong Kong on the Chinese peninsula from which it derives its name. Each year up to 10 Susquehanna students can spend the spring semester studying at this English-speaking university.
With 44 exchange agreements in place with universities from the world, the University of Macau offers students a truly international experience while still providing instruction in English.
Students studying at University of Macau can:
- Learn from an international faculty in an environment that emphases teaching and research.
- Take classes, taught in English, in various departments to keep up with Susquehanna major requirements
- Experience the blend of Southern Chinese and Colonial Portuguese cultures while feeling comfortable in a friendly city.
- Examine the vital Asian market through the eyes of classmates from mainland China, who make up 20 percent of the student body.
- Work with students from around the globe on various team projects routinely assigned in classes.
- Take advantage of cheap public transportation within the city of Macau
- Spend the weekends relaxing on the beaches of the South China Sea or exploring the streets of Hong Kong, only a one-hour ferry ride from the university.
- Fly inexpensively on the weekends to other Asian destinations such as Vietnam, Thailand and Singapore.
- Learn to speak Cantonese and explore Chinese history and culture amid the backdrop of Portuguese architecture and influence dating back nearly 300 years.
- Stroll the "Historic Centre of Macao," a World Heritage site representing the most unique blend of cultural heritage found in China's cities.