Faculty & Staff
Marcos Krieger, D.M.A.
Associate Professor of Music
Director of Chapel Music
Office Location: Cunningham Cma - Rm 149
DMA, Univ of Nebraska Lincoln
MM, Brigham Young University - Hawaii
BHUM, Universidade Católica de Goiás
BM, Universidade Federal de Goiás
Krieger is a keyboard artist with extensive training in early music and early keyboard technique. While pursuing his doctoral degree under the supervision of the renowned Bach scholars Quentin Faulkner and George Ritchie, Krieger studied the keyboard literature of central Germany. He expanded his repertoire by further studies in Spain, Italy and Germany, exploring the Iberian and Italian repertoire and technique for early keyboards.
A citizen of Brazil and of Germany, Krieger was raised in the Brazilian Amazon region, where his parents are missionaries to the Xerente tribe. He started his musical training at the Music Conservatory of the Universidade Federal de Goiás, in Brazil. After further studies in Germany, he relocated to the United States, and completed graduate degrees at Brigham Young University and the University of Nebraska – Lincoln.
Krieger has performed solo organ and harpsichord recitals in Germany, Italy, Spain, Brazil, Canada and the U.S. In addition to his solo organ and harpsichord recitals, he often performs with early music ensembles, having played continuo for all the major orchestral and choral works of J.S. Bach and Heinrich Schütz, among others. He is also an active musicologist and ethnomusicologist, having produced works on the Christian hymnology of the Xerente Tribe, Portuguese Lyrical Diction and early music treatises related to keyboard repertoire. His book An English Translation and Commentary on Andreas Werckmeister’s Organum Gruningense Redivivum was released in November 2009 by VDM-Verlag, Saarbrücken, Germany.
- LANG-502 Independent Study
- MUSC-003 Organ Lesson
- MUSC-004 Organ Lesson
- MUSC-005 Piano Lesson
- MUSC-006 Piano Lesson
- MUSC-015 Harpsichord Lesson
- MUSC-016 Harpischord Lesson
- MUSC-076 Chamber Music
- MUSC-101 Introduction to Music
- MUSC-215 Music in Christian Rituals
- MUSC-245 Medieval/Renaissance/Baroque Eras
- MUSC-250 The Music of Classic and Romantic Eras
- MUSC-263 Ear Training III
- MUSC-501 Independent Study
- MUSC-506 Independent Study in Music-Capstone
- OFFP-ITALART The Arts of Italy
- OFFP-SUCASA Images of Jesus in Central America
- OFFR-ITALART The Arts of Italy
- OFFS-ITALART The Arts of Italy
- RELI-215 Music in Christian Rituals