Faculty & Staff
Jan Reichard-Brown, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Biology
Director, Healthcare Studies Minor
Office Location: Natural Sciences Center - Rm 234 D
PHD, Univ of Cincinnati
BA, Gettysburg College
Reichard-Brown serves as the director of the Health Care Studies minor, chairperson of the Health Professions Advising Committee and the Pre-Health advisor. She teaches Human Health and Disease, Human Anatomy and Human Physiology. In addition she teaches a section of Core Perspectives.
She is a member of several professional societies including The American Academy for the Advancement of Science, The American Society for Cell Biology and The Pennsylvania Academy of Science and the Teratology Society.
Reichard-Brown engages in an active research program investigating the effects of the teratogenic drug thalidomide on developing sea urchin embryos. She and her senior research students have presented their work at the annual ASBC meetings, annual Teratology Society meetings, the annual Pennsylvania Academy of Science meetings and the National Council for Undergraduate Research meetings.
- BIOL-504 Independent Study
- BIOL-510 Student Research I
- BIOL-511 Student Research II
- BIOL-560 Interdisciplinary Explorations Biology
- HLCR-301 Human Anatomy
- HLCR-302 Human Physiology
- HLCR-370 Human Health and Disease
- HLCR-500 Health Care Internship
- OFFP-DENMARK Modern Health Care
- OFFS-DENMARK Modern Health Care
- PRDV-104 Perspectives