Audition and Interview Date
Auditions and interviews will be held Jan. 18, 2014, from 1-5 p.m. To schedule an appointment, please contact Crystal VanHorn in the theatre department at 570-372-4690 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Two scholarships are available at $2,500 each, one for performance emphasis and one for production and design emphasis.
Scholarship application requirements
- Completed application to Susquehanna University.
- Scholarship is renewable for four years as long as the student remains a theatre major
- Complete either an audition or interview on Jan. 18, 2014.
- Students who cannot make the date must submit a video audition and or portfolio with a resume by Jan. 13, 2014.
Specific Scholarship Emphasis Information
Performance Audition and Interview
- Two pieces: one dramatic and one comedic not exceeding three minutes
- One classical piece (Shakespeare, Moliere, Goldini, Behn, Marlow, etc.) preferably in verse
- One contemporary piece written no earlier than 1970
- Students can chose to sing, but it is not required. A CD/MP3 player will be provided, but an accompanist will not be available.
- Students will interview privately with performance faculty.
- The recipient will be notified mid-December 2013
- Two letters of recommendation assessing his/her experience working in theatre design, technology or stage operations.
- One letter must be from an educator
- One letter could come from a local theatre practitioner, volunteer supervisor or other leader familiar with the student’s work in technical theatre
- Portfolio or a collection of production photos, drafting and/or sketches
- Students will be interviewed privately with production and design faculty