Faculty & Staff
Assistant Professor of Political Science
Office Location: Steele Hall Rm 215
Office Hours: 1 p.m. – 3 p.m., MW
PHD, Univ of Kansas
MA, Univ of Memphis
BS, Middle East Technical University
Kesgin teaches courses on Middle East politics, political leadership, comparative foreign policy and world affairs (Introduction to International Politics).
Kesgin's research focuses on the role of political leaders' personalities in foreign policy making (in particular of Israel and Turkey). His most recent publications appeared in Journal of International Relations and Development, Electoral Studies, Turkish Studies and Perceptions. Kesgin's earlier publications include: Turkey's involvement in the 2003 Iraq War (in International Studies Perspectives with Juliet Kaarbo), a psychological assessment of Turkish-Greek relations (with Cengiz Erisen in Turkish); and teaching critical writing and analytical thinking skills (International Political Science Association, Committee on Concepts and Methods, with Andri Innes and Kate Weaver).
Kesgin is an active member of the International Studies Association (ISA) Midwest region and participates in the annual meetings of ISA and ISA-Midwest. Kesgin is also a member of American Political Science Association, International Society for Political Psychology and Middle East Studies Association. Kesgin received the Margaret G. Hermann Award in 2009 and 2010.
- HONS-301 300-Level Honors Seminar
- INTD-201 International Studies Theory & Practice
- INTD-505 Independent Study
- JWST-390 Topics in Jewish Studies
- OFFR-310 Global Citizenship
- POLI-131 World Affairs
- POLI-133 World Affairs: Statecraft
- POLI-228 Middle East Politics and Society
- POLI-310 Public Opinion & Political Psy
- POLI-500 Seminar
- POLI-501 Senior Seminar
- POLI-503 Independent Research
- POLI-504 Independent Study
- SOCI-310 Political Psychology