The field of finance encompasses three interrelated areas. Each views the management of assets, liabilities, and equity from a different perspective.
- Financial intermediaries explores the behaviors and characteristics an individual or institution plays in mediating a financial transaction between two or more parties.
- Investment focuses on the decisions of both individuals and institutional investors.
- Financial management deals with the management of assets, liabilities and equity within a business organization.
Career opportunities in each area are many and varied. The finance emphasis prepares students for positions in financial management with manufacturing and service organizations, or with financial intermediaries such as banks, insurance companies, brokerages and investment advisory firms.
Finance courses include
- Investment Analysis
- Financial Services
- Advanced Corporate Financial Management
- Portfolio Management
- Introduction to Taxation
- International Trade and Finance
- Money, Banking, and Financial Institutions
- Zurich Financial Services
Susquehanna's Student Investment Center Opening
The Sigmund Weis School of Business opened its state-of-the-art investment trading room on April 16, 2010. The space will allow students to manage an investment portfolio with funds allocated by the Student Government Association. Proceeds from the investments will help support co-curricular programming.