Faculty & Staff
Pat Polwitoon, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Finance
Office Location: Apfelbaum Hall - Rm 202
PHD, Univ of Rhode Island
MBA, Northeastern Illinois University
BBA, Ramkhamhaeng University
Polwitoon’s research areas are bond mutual fund performance evaluation and corporate governance. He teaches corporate finance, financial statements analysis, derivative security, investments and portfolio management. Polwitoon also serves as the advisor for the Investment Club.
Polwitoon's research has appeared in the Journal of Banking and Finance, Financial Review, and the Journal of Business Finance and Accounting. He also serves as an ad hoc reviewer for the Journal of Banking and Finance, Financial Review, and the Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions & Money. He won the McGraw-Hill Distinguished Paper Award at the 2005 meeting of the Southwestern Finance Association and the Outstanding Investments Paper Award at the 2008 meeting of the Eastern Finance Association.
- HIST-390 Topics in History
- HONS-301 300-Level Honors Seminar
- MGMT-133 British Theatre
- MGMT-340 Corporate Financial Management
- MGMT-342 Investment Analysis
- MGMT-351 Seminar in European Business Operations
- MGMT-360 Management & Organizational Behavior
- MGMT-390 Operations Management
- MGMT-442 Portfolio Management
- MGMT-446 Topics in Finance
- MGMT-501 Independent Study
- MGMT-503 Business Internship