Senior Scholars Day 2010
President L. Jay Lemons welcomed students, faculty and staff to the event on April 20, 2010, in the Mellon Lounge of the Degenstein Campus Center. Senior students presented the results of their research, scholarly or creative projects in the form of poster displays and oral presentations. In all, 114 students participated including senior music students who highlighted their talents during a music recital and graphic art students who presented their work in the Cunningham Center for Music and Art..
Presentations from the day included:
- The Feasibility of Alternative Energy Sources for Snyder County, Pa.
- The Faith Journey and Mentorship of Young Adults
- Generational Change through the Railroad in Sayre, Pa., 1900-40
- Design and Implementation of a Cost-Effective Microscopy Setup for Use at the Undergraduate Level
- Personality, Perceived Susceptibility to Swine Flu, and Hand Washing Behaviors
- The Italian-American Mafia and Its Role in Industry and Labor in Northeastern Pennsylvania
- Airborne Plant Communication and Distance-Dependent Production of Extrafloral Nectaries in Lima Bean Phaseolus lunatus)
- Marketing to the Inner-Workings of the Consumer's Mind