Faculty & Staff
Anne Roberts Reeves, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Education
Department Chair, Education
Office Location: Seibert Hall - Rm 104
Office Hours: 2 p.m. – 6 p.m., F
PHD, Univ of Michigan Ann Arbor
MA, Univ of Washington
BA, George Washington University
Reeves serves as the department head and the director of the secondary education program for the department. She teaches Introduction to Education, Foundations of Education, Instructional Design, Principles of Teaching and Learning in Secondary Education, and Perspectives.
She is the author of Adolescents Talk about Reading: Exploring Resistance to and Engagement with Text; “The good news about secondary reading programs”; “The questions we should be asking about secondary reading”; and “Reading this and refusing that: Case studies of high school students' patterns of reading and resistance.” She currently is completing a book for education students and new teachers about designing instruction, and an article about the academic and social growth made by local children in a summer camp that focuses on the whole child.
- EDUC-101 Introduction to Education & Society
- EDUC-102 Historical/Phil Foundations of Ed
- EDUC-479 Principles Teach & Learn Secondary Ed
- EDUC-500 Student Teaching
- EDUC-501 Preparation and Planning
- EDUC-502 Classroom Teaching
- EDUC-503 Classroom Management
- EDUC-600 Seminar
- EDUC-601 Independent Study
- PRDV-104 Perspectives