Faculty & Staff
Susan J. Welteroth, D.Ed.
Office Location: Seibert Hall Rm 103
10 a.m. – 11 a.m., TTH
4:15 p.m. – 4:45 p.m., TTH
EDD, Pennsylvania State University
MSE, Bucknell University
BA, Lycoming College
Welteroth teaches in the Education Department and is the Coordinator of Early Childhood Education Student Teacher Placements. She began her career in 1978 as a school psychologist serving area school districts and early intervention programs. During her tenure in early intervention, Welteroth was a member of the team that conceptualized and subsequently constructed the Susquehanna Children’s Center on campus. The center was one of the first programs in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to fully include children with special needs into child care and Head Start programs. Welteroth spent the last 12 years of her 34-year career in public education as an elementary principal.
Children’s play, literacy, and learning are primary focal points for research. Welteroth has presented at the national and international level and includes student participation in research and conferences when possible. She supervises students completing Education Department Honors research projects.
In addition to teaching, Welteroth coordinates all the student teacher placements and supervises a cohort of pre-service teachers.
- EDUC-365 Preschool Language & Literacy
- EDUC-366 Primary Literacy Development
- EDUC-367 Literacy Assessment & Interventions
- EDUC-384 Intro to Early Childhood Education
- EDUC-389 Assessment
- EDUC-410 Family, Community, and Advocacy
- EDUC-485 Curriculum, Assessment Early Child Ed
- EDUC-500 Student Teaching
- EDUC-501 Preparation and Planning
- EDUC-502 Classroom Teaching
- EDUC-503 Classroom Management
- EDUC-600 Seminar
- EDUC-601 Independent Study