Kappa Delta Pi
Kappa Delta Pi, the International Honor Society in Education, was founded in 1911 and has more than 600 chapters across America. Knowledge, duty and power are at the root of these Greek words. Susquehanna University’s first chapter was established in 1916 and makes Susquehanna an early pioneer in world-class educational training, teacher support and professional networking.
- Sophomore, junior or senior status
- Eligible for acceptance into the education program
- Cumulative GPA of 3.4 or above
- Exemplification of worthy educational ideals
- Demonstration of leadership abilities
Students have the opportunity to continue membership as a practicing teacher, and many find the resources helpful enough to continue their membership.
Susquehanna’s student members stand alongside former renowned members of the organization: Albert Einstein, George Washington Carver, Eleanor Roosevelt and Margaret Mead.