Be Empowered … By a Different Kind of Speaker!
The Center for Adolescent Research and Education (CARE) at Susquehanna University is pleased to offer a speaker series grounded in research and focused on empowering audiences to make a positive difference in the lives of young people and the communities in which they live, study, work, and play.
CARE director Stephen Wallace speaks to schools, colleges, and organizations, across the country. His dynamic, empowering presentations regarding youth development and decision-making address multiple audiences, including faculty, students, parents, health care providers, law enforcement officials, and camp professionals. They cover a wide range of topics, including underage drinking, other drug use, bullying, violence, suicide, teen driving, family relationships, and sexual behavior.
CARE’s Speaking Programs
The CARE Speaker Series is comprised of six motivational, informative presentations that help young people become more open and honest about the pressures and challenges they face … and help adults become better parents and mentors. Stephen invokes a positive approach to prevention and education, emphasizing what he refers to as the 3 L’s: Life, Legacy, and Leadership.
- Family Focus Program is for parents and teens
- School Speaker Program is for middle and high school students
- Beat Bullying Program is for middle school students
- Community Connections Program is for college students, faculty and staff
- Parent Power Program is for parents
- Teens Today Program is for school administrators, faculty and staff; corporate employees; and medical professionals
Sample Presentation Sites
- St. Michael’s College
- Greenwich High School
- Northeastern University
- Children’s Hospital Boston – Harvard Medical School, LEAD
- Connecticut Association of School Based Health Centers
- Independent School Health Association
- Larchmont Temple
- Miami Children’s Hospital, Annual Youth Leadership Conferences
- National Association of School Psychologists
- National Association of Secondary School Principals
- Northwestern University Center for Public Safety
- Tabor Academy (Commencement Address)
CARE is currently booking programs for the 2012–13 school year. For information about availability and rates, please e-mail us at:
What People Are Saying
"Stephen Wallace offered a wonderfully informative presentation to our faculty before speaking at a school assembly. His advice was pragmatic and revealed his appreciation of the dynamics that define the experience of many adolescents."
- Head of School
"Stephen’s extensive experience with teenagers helps him speak candidly, share his convictions, and challenge both students and their parents to consider the decisions they make."
"His energy and enthusiasm, as well as his tremendous knowledge and experience, gave the parents renewed faith that parents can make a difference in the lives of their teens."
"Stephen is very enthusiastic and has a genuine interest in helping teenagers get through difficult times."
"He is persuasive, knowledgeable, and personable. He spends a great deal of time with children asking, listening, sharing, and guiding. He is a moving and passionate speaker, and I would highly recommend him."
"Stephen connects because he is amusing, full of the kinds of anecdotes that resonate with those who work with kids. I think people carry away a clear idea about what they actually need to do when working with young people and living with their own children."
- Head of School