Faculty and Staff
Coleen Patricia Zoller, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Philosophy
Department Chair, Philosophy
Office Location: Bogar Hall - Rm 024
PHD, Emory University
MA, Emory University
BA, Bucknell University
Zoller specializes in ancient Greek philosophy. She teaches an introduction to ancient philosophy, a seminar on Plato, as well as a course on Plato's Republic and HBO's The Wire. Additionally, she teaches courses on ethical theory, feminist philosophy and Greek culture.
Her research currently focuses on Plato’s moral psychology. She is working on a book manuscript titled Reasoning with Pleasure: Plato on Philosophy and the Physical. Her recent publications include "To 'Graze Freely in the Pastures of Philosophy': The Political Motives and Pedagogical Methods of Socrates and the Sophists" in the journal Polis, “Plato on Hypothesis, Proportion, and the Education of Philosophers” in the journal Auslegung, and “Seducing Socrates and Resolving Plato’s Separate Soul Paradox” in Ann Ward’s anthology Socrates: Reason or Unreason as the Foundation of European Identity.
- HONS-301 300-Level Honors Seminar
- OFFP-GRKCLT Greek Culture: Ancient and Modern
- OFFS-GRKCLT Greek Culture: Ancient and Modern
- PHIL-105 Philosophy of Love & Desire
- PHIL-150 Everyday Ethics
- PHIL-201 Everyday Ethics
- PHIL-212 Feminist Philosophy
- PHIL-222 Advanced Ethical Theory
- PHIL-241 Ancient Philosophy
- PHIL-301 Plato Seminar
- PHIL-305 Topics in Philosophy
- PHIL-500 Directed Reading and Research
- RELI-500 Capstone
- WMST-200 Feminist Philosophy