Faculty & Staff
Cymone Fourshey, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of History
Go Program: Villandraut
Faculty Coordinator for Post-Graduate Advising
Office Location: Steele Hall - Rm 305
PHD, Univ of California Los Angeles
CPHIL, Univ of California Los Angeles
MA, Univ of California Los Angeles
BA, Univ of California Los Angeles
Fourshey's current research focuses on precolonial Tanzania, with special interests in the topics of agriculture, hospitality, migration, and the intersections of environment, economy, and politics. Her current book project is titled Strangers, Immigrants and the Established: Hospitality as State Building Mechanism in Southwest Tanzania 300–1900 CE. In addition to research on ancient eastern Africa, Fourshey has also done research on global flows in the Indian Ocean world and the Senegambia region over the longue durée, particularly as related to questions of diaspora and transnational identities, premodern notions of ethnicity and diversity, and the political economy of port cities.
Fourshey also serves as director of the International Studies Program at Susquehanna.
- HIST-172 Early Modern Africa
- HIST-300 History Methods
- HIST-375 Piracy
- HIST-401 Collective Inquiry in History
- HIST-410 Seminar in History
- HIST-420 Internship in History
- HIST-501 Independent Study
- HONS-301 300-Level Honors Seminar
- INTD-201 International Studies Theory & Practice
- INTD-505 Independent Study
- OFFP-VILLAND GO France - Villandraut