Explore Service Opportunities
Postgraduate Experiential Opportunities
- Americorps AmeriCorps is an opportunity to make a big difference in your life and in the lives of those around you. It’s a chance to apply your skills and ideals toward helping others and meeting critical needs in the community.
- City Year City Year is an education- focused, nonprofit organization that unites young people of all backgrounds for a year of full-time service to keep students in school and on track to graduation.
- Humanity in Action Humanity in Action is an international educational organization. HIA educates, inspires and connects a global network of students, young professionals and established leaders committed to promoting human rights, diversity and active citizenship—in their own communities and around the world.
- Lutheran Volunteer Corps Lutheran Volunteer Corps (LVC) unites full-time stipended Volunteers with financial supporters, non-profit organizations and ministries to work for peace with justice across the nation. In addition to working for justice, LVC Volunteers live together in intentional household communities of 4-7 people to encourage simple, sustainable living.
- PeaceCorps The Peace Corps' mission has three simple goals:
- Helping the people of interested countries in meeting their need for trained men and women.
- Helping promote a better understanding of Americans on the part of the peoples served.
- Helping promote a better understanding of other peoples on the part of Americans.
Teach for America
Anna Makatche ’06
Currently enrolled at Fordham University School of Law
New York City
“The opportunity to teach school children in New York City completely revolutionized my understanding of the world. It opened my eyes to the grave inequalities in our nation. I want to effect broader change than I can as a teacher, so I enrolled in law school. I intend to work at a large law firm and hope eventually to do pro bono work for immigrant victims of domestic violence and for domestic victims of sex trafficking. Susquehanna gave me opportunities to be a leader and pushed me to explore the world outside my little niche.”