GO Short Planning TImeline
First Things First:
- Attend the GO Fair in the beginning of the fall semester to learn about the different programs that will be offered the following year.
- The 2014 GO Fair will be on Thursday, Sept. 4, in Mellon Lounge from 5:30-7 p.m.
- Speak with GO Short Program directors to learn more about their programs; also talk to returned students who went on the programs—their first-hand insights are invaluable!
- Visit the Office of Cross-Cultural Programs to talk with a peer adviser.
- If you plan on participating in an international GO Short program, get a passport ASAP! Get more information.
Steps for applying to a GO Short program:
- Complete the online application on mySU during the two week application time period.*
- The program directors will review your application and then you will receive an email letting you know if you have been accepted into the program.
- If you are accepted, you must complete a statement of responsibility form online within one week.**
- After submitting your statement of responsibility form, you will then have two weeks to complete an online health form and upload a scan of your passport.**
*Please note: Round one of each application cycle is open ONLY to juniors and seniors who have not yet completed their GO requirement and will graduate after the fall 2015 semester. Rounds two and three are open to everyone; however, priority will be given to Juniors and Seniors.
**Failure to complete forms by the listed deadline will result in an automatic withdrawal from the program. You will then need to apply to a different program during the next application cycle. You will not be allowed to reapply to the same program.
Please review and share the statement of responsibility and medical forms with your parents before applying.
For more information about applying for a passport, please click here.
GO Short Application Cycle
- For GO Short summer programs, the application cycle starts in the fall semester of the previous year (ex: Sept. 8 - 22, 2014, is the first round of applications for students interested in summer 2015 programs). For GO Short winter programs, the first round of applications is in the spring semester (ex: Feb.16 - March 9, 2015, for students interested in winter 2015/2016 programs).
- Below are the application dates for summer 2015 and winter 2015/2016 programs.
- Failure to complete forms by the listed deadline will result in an automatic withdrawal from the program. You will then need to apply to a different program during the next application cycle. You will not be allowed to reapply to the same program.
|For Summer 2015 Programs||Application Dates||Accepted Students Submit Statement of Responsibility Form||Accepted Students Submit Medical Form and Passport|
|Round 1 (Juniors and seniors ONLY)||Sept. 8-22, 2014||Sept. 29-Oct.6, 2014||Oct. 7-20, 2014|
|Round 2||Oct. 27-Nov. 10, 2014||Nov. 17-24, 2014||Nov. 25-Dec. 8, 2014|
|Round 3||Dec. 10, 2014-Jan 19, 2015||Jan. 26-Feb. 2, 2015||Feb. 3-16, 2015|
|For Winter 2015/2016 Programs||Application Dates||Accepted Students Submit Statement of Responsibility Form||Accepted Students Submit Medical Form and Passport|
|Round 1 (Juniors and seniors ONLY)||Feb. 23-March 9, 2015||March 16-23, 2015||March 24-April 6, 2015|
|Round 2||April 13-27, 2015||May 4-11, 2015||May 12-25, 2015|
|Round 3||Aug. 31-Sept. 14, 2015||Sept. 21-28, 2015||Sept. 29-Oct. 12, 2015|