Faculty & Staff
David C. Kaszuba, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Communications
Coordinator, Center for Teaching & Learning
Office Location: Apfelbaum Hall - Rm 103
PHD, Pennsylvania State University
MS, Temple University
BA, Wilkes University
Kaszuba teaches courses in public relations, communication theory and communication research methods. He also has taught in the areas of journalism and corporate communications. In his teaching, Kaszuba draws from his academic experiences and his previous careers as a newspaper reporter, government spokesman and speechwriter.
Kaszuba's research focuses on media history, particularly the emergence of women in sports journalism in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. He has published several articles on the topic, in addition to compiling an authoritative bibliography that lists several hundred books and articles about sports journalism.
Kaszuba also serves as the director of Susquehanna's Center for Teaching and Learning, a department that introduces faculty to innovative teaching techniques and classroom strategies that enhance student learning.
- COMM-141 Sports Journalism
- COMM-201 Ethics and Leadership
- COMM-305 Political Communication
- COMM-329 Communications Research
- COMM-411 Public Relations Management
- COMM-501 Lanthorn Practicum
- COMM-501 Practicum
- COMM-502 Individual Investigation
- COMM-504 Internship
- HONS-301 Political Communication
- INTD-505 Independent Study