Success After Susquehanna
Our graduates have gone on to obtain positions in industry and secondary education and a number have also gone on to pursue graduate studies or enroll in professional programs. Because SU is a liberal arts school, our chemistry students are especially well rounded and prepared to work in research, education or industry. Our biochemistry majors often enter the fields of medicine, pharmacology, medicinal chemistry, research and biotechnology.
Our graduates include:
- Alumni who have attended or are currently attending the prestigious graduate programs University of California, Berkeley.
- A researcher who helped to develop the new vaccine for cervical cancer.
- A student who set a speed record for completing Princeton University’s master’s degree program in chemistry.
- Three SU valedictorians in the last 20 years.
- The head of laboratories for the FBI.
Recent graduates have enrolled in programs at:
- Cornell University
- Western University of Health Sciences
- University of Connecticut
- Johns Hopkins University
- Pennsylvania State University
- Thomas Jefferson Medical School
- Pennsylvania College of Optometry
Recent graduates have worked at:
- Precision Dermatologics
- National Institutes of Health