Faculty & Staff
Erik K. Viker, M.F.A.
Associate Professor of Theatre
Office Location: Degenstein - Ground Floor
MFA, University of Texas At Austin
BS, University of Florida
Viker is the department production manager and teaches courses in stagecraft, theatre operations and dramatic literature. He provides technical direction for department productions, supervises student theatre technicians and managers, and serves as the facilitator for the minor in theatre.
Viker’s articles on theatre education, organization and management have appeared nationally in Stage Directions magazine, Teaching Theatre, and the quarterly journal Theatre Design & Technology. He is the editor of the book Inspired Teaching: Essays on Theatre Design and Technology Education, published in 2013.
Viker is a member of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees (Local 636) and the United States Institute of Theatre Technology, where he serves on the national publications committee. His research interests include theatre production management and the role of technical theatre in liberal arts education.
- ENGL-100 Writing and Thinking
- THEA-142 Stagecraft
- THEA-142 Stagecraft and Production
- THEA-200 Dramatic Literature
- THEA-340 Stage Management & Theatre Operations
- THEA-501 Lab - Theatre Operations
- THEA-501 Lab: Theatre Operations
- THEA-501 Production Lab
- THEA-502 Individual Investigation
- THEA-505 Capstone: Design & Technology
- THEA-505 Theatre Capstone:Design/Tech