Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society
Beta Gamma Sigma is the honor society for collegiate schools of business and management. Membership is this group is the highest recognition a student can receive in a program accredited by AACSB International—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. To be eligible for membership, a student must rank in the upper seven percent of the junior class or the upper 10 percent of the senior class, and be committed to the principles and values of the society: honor and integrity, pursuit of wisdom, earnestness and lifelong learning.
The mission of Beta Gamma Sigma is to encourage and honor academic achievement in the study of business and to foster personal and professional excellence among its members.
- Beta Gamma Sigma Induction—Every year around late March, BGS hosts an induction ceremony at the Susquehanna Valley Country Club for new inductees. The afternoon includes a banquet for inductees and family as well as a formal ceremony at their stunning location.
- Senior SWSB Reception—In many of the organization's past years, BGS has hosted a senior reception at various locations in the area. These receptions offered soon-to-graduate business students the opportunity to share a drink and some hors d'oeurves with the faculty and other students before gearing up for their last finals week
- Business of Golf Session—In past years, BGS has offered a "business of golf" day in which SU's golf coach and a couple of faculty spoke about the use of golf and other recreation activities in the business world to meet clients, discuss business proposals and countless other things affecting business decisions every day. While learning, attendees could practice their golf swing or shoot a few holes and enjoy the afternoon
- Faculty Appreciation Week—Many classes in the past have held a faculty appreciation week, which has consisted of everything from making posters and gift baskets to writing letters and voting for superlatives. No matter how the class chose to show their appreciation, the faculty and students all had a good time
- BGS has had a variety of other events and activities on campus and beyond. Every year, we encourage motivated and creative members to come forth as activities planners to make the year fun for BGS and all business students at SU.
- Member benefits—This valuable link provides a page of all retail outlets, service providers and educational benefits that recognize BGS students by offering discounts on their goods and services.
- BGS website—This is the official Beta Gamma Sigma website containing news, relevant articles, and links to other member resources.
- BGS Student Leadership Forum—The leadership forum takes place once a year during the fall semester at various places across the country. SU sends students to each one to take part in deciding the future of BGS on a national level and have thorough discussions on current topics.