Completing an internship is an excellent way for students to explore their career interests. Students arrange internships in a wide range of health care fields and clinical settings depending upon their interests. These work experiences help connect classroom theory with practical application. Typical settings include hospital or clinic-based practice, private practice, public health areas and service-learning opportunities.
Health care studies minors are required to complete two 40-hour internships. Here is a sampling of recent internship sites:
- American Red Cross, Snyder County (Pa.) Chapter
- Elite Family Chiropractic, Selinsgrove, Pa.
- Evangelical Community Hospital, Lewisburg, Pa.
- Good Samaritan Regional Hospital, Pottsville, Pa.
- Institute for Family Health, Kingston, N.Y.
- OB/GYN Associates, Lewisburg, Pa.
- Oral Surgery, San Mateo, Calif.
- Penn State Hershey Primary Care Internship Program
- Perry Pediatrics, New Bloomfield, Pa.
- Pinnacle Health, Harrisburg, Pa.
- Presbyterian Hospital, New York, N.Y.
- Pro Rehabilitation Services, Berwick, Pa.
- Memorial Medical Center, Johnstown, Pa.
- Reading Hospital and Medical Center, Reading, Pa.
- Schuylkill Rehabilitation Center, Pottsville, Pa.
- Shaeffer and Wise Optometrists, Selinsgrove, Pa.
- Shamokin Dam Family Practice, Shamokin Dam, Pa.
- Springfield Hospital Center, Sykesville, Md.
- SU CASA Belize
- SU CASA Nicaragua
- Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine Summer Program, Philadelphia, Pa.
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Summer Medical and Dental Education Program
- Variety Club Camp, Worcester, Pa.