Faculty & Staff
Rebecca Leigh Thompson, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Spanish
Office Location: Bogar Hall Rm 210
Office Hours: 11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m., MWF
Thompson, a native of Fort Worth, Texas, received her Ph.D. in Spanish from the University of Texas in Austin in 2012. Her area of specialization is 20th- and 21st-century Latin American literature with a focus on contemporary Andean literature of Peru and literature written by or about Quechua speakers. Specifically, the concepts of race, identity and marginality are recurring points in her investigations.
Thompson is proud to serve as the co-director of the Department of Modern Languages’ Latino Symposium. She has also organized and led one of the university’s award-winning Global Opportunities study-abroad programs to Seville, Spain, and is in the process of creating a new program in Cusco, Peru.
- OFFP-SPANL&C Spanish Language & Culture
- OFFR-SPANL&C Spanish Language & Culture
- OFFS-SPANL&C Spanish Language & Culture
- SPAN-201 Intermediate Spanish I
- SPAN-302 Grammar and Composition
- SPAN-447 Seminar in Hispanic-American Studies
- SPAN-542 Independent Study