Career Decision Making
The Career Development Center is committed to helping students develop a career path for their time at Susquehanna and beyond. One-on-one advisors help students explore, select and then pursue rewarding careers that are consistent with specific interests, values, personality and skills.
The Career Development Center offers the following assessment inventories:
- Myers-Briggs Personality Type Indicator
- The Self-Directed Search Interest Inventory
- Campbell Interest and Skill Inventory
- DISC Personality Test
The following interest inventories are available online:
- Jung Typology Test - Personality assessment based on the Myers-Briggs
- Princeton Review Career Quiz - Skills and interests inventory
- Career Decision-making Difficulties Questionnaire - Clarification on personal difficulties in the career decision-making process
- Free DISC Personality Test - Lets you determine your DISC type and personality profile quickly
After interest inventories yield a few career options to consider, the next step is to find out more about those professions. The center offers a career resource library. In addition, review some helpful online research resources.
Information interviews are discussions with professionals in the field or fields that are being considered. Students can talk with friends, family and Susquehanna Alumni.
The center's career advisors are available to review the results of assessment inventories, research and information interviews.