Is Early Decision Right for You?
With the college application process ahead of you in addition to your full schedule of school, homework and outside activities, the prospect of completing your college application process and being admitted to your first-choice school before Thanksgiving is attractive to many students. With Early Decision, it's possible. In fact, approximately 10-15 percent of Susquehanna's new students are admitted Early Decision.
Applying early is not a decision to be made hastily. Please consider the following questions before deciding if Early Decision is right for you:
- Have you researched Susquehanna as well as other colleges that interest you?
- Have you visited a variety of campuses while students and faculty are around?
- Will your academic, extracurricular and social interests be met at Susquehanna?
- Have you met with an admissions counselor to find out if you are a realistic applicant?
- Have you discussed college costs and aid with Susquehanna's Office of Financial Aid?
- Have you discussed your decision with your family as well as your guidance counselor?
- Are you ready to stop your college search now because Susquehanna is clearly your first choice?
If you can answer “yes” with confidence to each of these questions, then applying Early Decision may be the best option for you.