TitleAbout - 0 21798
Considering a Four-Year College? Do's for 10th Graders
- Do take biology. Already taken biology? Move on to chemistry.
- Do take geometry (and/or more algebra if it’s offered). Already beyond these courses? Your accelerated pace will be of interest to the most selective colleges.
- Do continue with a foreign language.
- Do continue to polish your writing skills. Solid written communication skills are important in any career.
- Do consider taking the Preliminary SAT (PSAT) to learn how to prepare for the SAT.
- Do begin talking with your parents about college, but don’t decide on or rule out any at this point.
- Do visit a variety of local colleges to get a sense of the culture and atmosphere.
- Do participate in a variety of activities to develop leadership skills.
- Do talk about colleges with people you respect. Teachers, counselors or your coaches can provide valuable insight.
- Do go to college fairs and college night programs.