TitleAbout - 0 21809
Considering a Four-Year College? Do's for 11th Graders
- Do take chemistry. (Selective colleges take the sciences very seriously.) Already taken chemistry? What about physics?
- Do take pre-calculus and/or trigonometry. Finished these, too? Move on to the next level this year.
- Do continue with a foreign language.
- Do take advantage of Advanced Placement courses. Colleges realize that AP courses are more difficult and they will be glad to see that you have challenged yourself.
- Do take the PSAT, the SAT and/or the ACT.
- Do visit all the colleges to which you plan to apply.
- Do visit a variety of local colleges to get a sense of the culture and atmosphere.
- Do consider selective colleges even if you got off to a rocky start in high school. Colleges look for improvement in performance as a sign that you can and will do the work.
- Do continue your involvement in activities and consider a leadership position, but do not assume this participation will compensate for lackluster grades