Complete your new Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN)
To complete the Subsidized/Unsubsidized Direct Loan Matster Promissory Note, please visit www.studentloans.gov.
Before beginning, be sure to have the following available:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your Federal Student Aid PIN used to sign your FAFSA
- Names, addresses and telephone numbers of two references.
Advice for smooth completion of the process:
- Use Internet Explorer 7.0 (nothing higher)
- Do not use the Back button
- Complete the process in one sitting. You cannot save your information and the system will time out after 30 minutes.
Using IE 7.0 go to: www.studentloans.gov, and
- Click the green ‘Sign In’ button under ‘Manage My Direct Loan’
- Enter your Social Security number, first two letters of your last name, date of birth, and PIN. Then click ‘Sign In’.
- From the left menu bar, select ‘Complete MPN’ under ‘Master Promissory Note’.
- Provide all requested information.
Please complete the MPN before you leave campus in May. If you have questions, please contact our office at 570-372-4450.