Applying for Need-Based Aid
To be considered for scholarships that are awarded without considering financial need, no specific application is required. Each admitted candidate's admissions credentials are reviewed automatically for scholarship eligibility.
To apply for need–based financial aid for 2014–15, follow these steps:
1) Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to apply for federal aid as soon as possible after Jan. 1. but no later than March 1.
- Before filing your FAFSA online, obtain a Federal Student Aid PIN. Your PIN will serve as your electronic signature. Your parent will also need to obtain a PIN.
- Print out a FAFSA on the web worksheet to prepare a draft of your application responses before entering them online.
- All colleges and universities require this form.
- Susquehanna's school code is 003369.
- This should be submitted to the processor by March 1.
2) Complete the College Scholarship Service (CSS) PROFILE form to apply for Susquehanna need-based aid.
You will be charged $25 for the first school you list and $18 for each additional school.
You can pay the fee by credit card, debit card or online check.
Susquehanna's CSS school code is 2820.
You may do this as early as Oct. 1, but we recommend that you complete your application no later than March 1.
3) Send the following directly to Susquehanna's Office of Financial Aid:
- A signed copy of your parents' 2013 federal income tax return.
- A signed copy of your 2013 federal income tax return.
- Copies of all 2013 W–2 earnings statements, Form 1099 income statements, and all schedules filed with the tax returns for you and your parents.
4) A Business/Farm Supplement if your family owns a business or a farm.
The Susquehanna University Office of Financial Aid mailing address is:
Office of Financial Aid
514 University Avenue
Selinsgrove, PA 17870
- Auditions with the music faculty are required to be considered for a music scholarship.
For information about auditions, please contact Sara Adams, music department admissions coordinator, by email or phone at 570-372-4309.