Important Reminders for Graduating Students
- Students, wearing gown and hood, need to line up for Baccalaureate at 9:45 a.m. on the sidewalk west of Cunningham Center for Music and Art. No hats for men; hats are optional for women. Rain plan lineup is in the south hallway of Weber Chapel Auditorium.
- Students need to line up in full regalia for Commencement at 2 p.m. on Kurtz Lane or inside O.W. Houts Gym in case of rain.
- Complete or update your student publicity form at www.susqu.edu/arts/31727.asp. If you filled out the form as a first-year student but do not want a graduation release sent out, please email your request to email@example.com.
- Purchase tickets for your family for Sunday’s graduation luncheon during senior week in the dining hall. Cost for adults is $12.25, children age 6 to 12 are $7.25 and children 5 and under are free. Graduating students can pick up their free ticket at the ARAMARK office in the campus center.
- Hike with President Lemons to Mount Mahanoy. Buses leave at 1 p.m. on Tuesday, May 7. Sign up at www.sualum.com by May 3 so that we know how many buses are necessary. The hike is very strenuous so be sure to wear good hiking shoes—no flip flops! If you have any concerns about whether your health/physical condition will allow you to participate, please contact Dean of Students Philip Winger at firstname.lastname@example.org or extension 4135 for advice. Rain date is Thursday, May 9, with buses leaving at 12 p.m.
- Settle your financial obligations with the university before 4 p.m. on Tuesday, May 7.
- RSVP to www.sualum.com by May 3 to attend the luncheon for graduates on Friday, May 10.
- If your name has ever been mispronounced, please send Julie Waltman (email@example.com) an email (no later than Thursday, May 9) with the proper way for Provost Moses to say your same as you walk across the stage.
- Don’t forget to request your co-curricular transcript. This is the time to reflect on specific skills that you have attained as a result of your involvement outside the classroom. It can assist you in the preparation of documents needed to give you an edge in obtaining employment, internships, graduate school, or exploring career opportunities. Request your co-curricular transcript on mySU. Your transcript will be sent to your Susquehanna mailbox.
- Pick up your cap and gown from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Thursday, May 9, or Friday, May 10, in the campus center meeting rooms. Please be sure to complete the survey sent to your email requesting your cap and gown sizes.
- Pick up the study away program sash you ordered on Thursday, May 9, or Friday, May 10, while you are picking up your cap and gown. A study away sash can be ordered when you complete the survey requesting your cap and gown sizes.
- Members of the SU Class of 2013 can sign the graduation pledge alliance and pick up a green ribbon at cap and gown distribution on May 9 and 10 in the meeting rooms from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Attend the luncheon for graduates at 11 a.m. on Friday, May 10.
- Attend the mandatory rehearsal at 10 a.m. on Saturday, May 11, in Weber Chapel Auditorium. To be excused from rehearsal, email Marshal Dr. Kate Hastings at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Leave your alcoholic beverages at collection stations outside Cunningham Center for Music and Art and the field house, where they will be kept on ice during the ceremony. You may retrieve them after the ceremony. Please note that Susquehanna does not provide glasses.
- After commencement be sure to return your cap, gown and hood to the meeting rooms. The tassel is yours to keep!
- If you receive honors, leave your diploma in the labeled box at the regalia return location in the meeting rooms. They will be sent to the printers for honors inscription, and then mailed to your home address.
Residence halls close on Sunday, May 12, at 7 p.m.
Pass this information along to family members:
- Tickets are not required for graduation as the field house has ample seating. The field house doors open at 1:30 p.m. on Sunday, May 12. The field house is air-conditioned, and there will be water available for guests.
- Special accommodations for both the baccalaureate and commencement ceremonies are available for wheelchair users, the visually and hearing impaired and those with other mobility or health conditions. To register for these services, or to reserve a handicapped parking space, contact Phillip Gehman at (570) 372-4340 or email@example.com.
- GradImages™ will take professional-quality photographs of students receiving their diplomas. The company will contact students with information about its services and ordering prints. Family members are encouraged to enjoy the ceremony and refrain from taking their own photos so the view of others is not obstructed.
- The Susquehanna bookstore will be open on Saturday, May 11 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Sunday, May 12, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Degenstein Center Theater is an alternative location for those who find walking to the field house difficult or who have small children that might disrupt the ceremony. This air-conditioned space will have the ceremony broadcast live on a large screen.
- The graduation ceremony will be live streamed at www.susqu.edu/gradvideo.
Questions? Contact Brenda Mull at firstname.lastname@example.org or (570) 372-4451.