TitleAbout - 0 976

Library Endowments

The Helen Decker Blough H'87 Library Fund was established in 1985 by Roger and Helen Blough to enhance the university's ability to build specialized collections of distinction. Mr. Blough was a member of the Class of 1925, chairman of United States Steel, and a longtime member of Susquehanna's board of directors.

The Mary Bowersox Library Fund was established in 1990 by Mrs. Mary Bowersox in memory of her husband, Roy H. Bowersox, and the Albert Whiteley family, with special remembrance for William Whiteley, a member of the Class of 1935. The income from this fund will purchase books and periodicals for the enrichment of the library.

The Margaret H. Buyers Endowment Fund was established in 1997 by a bequest from the estate of Margaret H. Buyers, in memory of Professor Naomi Hade. Income from the fund will be used to support the purchase of books and/or materials in the fields of English and comparative literature.

The Class of 1942 Library Endowment was established in 1992 by the Class of 1942 in celebration of its 50th reunion. Income provides for acquisitions that enrich the library.

The Class of 1943 Library Endowment was established in 1993 by the Class of 1943 in celebration of its 50th reunion. Income supports the enrichment of the library.

The Class of 1945 Library Endowment in memory of Dr. Russell W. Gilbert was established in memory of Dr. Russell W. Gilbert by the Class of 1945 in commemoration of the 50th reunion of their graduation from Susquehanna University. Income from this fund will be used to support the Blough-Weis Library.

The Class of 1978 Book Fund was established in memory of three faculty members from the departments of accounting, English and psychology who passed away in 1977 and 1978. The fund supports the purchase of books in these disciplines.

The Class of 1982 Library Periodical Endowment was established by the Class of 1982 to support the purchase of periodicals in business and economics.

The Class of 1984 Library Periodical Endowment was established by the Class of 1984 to support the purchase of periodicals in business and economics.

The Drumm Memorial Book Fund was established by the Drumm family in 1977 and provides income for the purchase of volumes for the Department of Religion.

The Laird Shively and Oneta Peck Gemberling Library Endowment was funded in 1994 by Mr. Gemberling, a member of the Class of 1933. It commemorates his love of history, political science and the law, and his wife's love of music and her service to the Sigma Alpha Iota music fraternity. Income from the fund is to be used for the purchase of library materials and information services as follows: 75 percent of income to support for history, political science and the law, with preference given to materials relating to Pennsylvania and the United States, 25 percent of income to support for music, with preference given to Broadway and classical music.

The Juliet Gibson Book Fund was established in honor of Juliet Gibson, a member of the Class of 1989.

The Russell W. and Joyce K. Gilbert Memorial Library Fund was established in 1985 by Viola Gilbert, other family members, and friends to commemorate Dr. Gilbert's 40 years of service to Susquehanna as a professor of German and Joyce Gilbert's service of nearly 20 years as assistant registrar. This fund supports the purchase of volumes for the library.

The Guyer Foundation Fund was established in 1981 through a grant from the foundation and provides for the purchase of volumes for the library.

The Hanson Family Library Endowment was established in 1997 by Gail S. and John N. Hanson, in honor of their son Christopher, a member of the Class of 1997. It reflects their belief that the library is the heart of the university. Income from the fund is to be used to enhance the library's ability to support instruction in the humanities.

The Lawrence M. '43 and Louise Kresge '45 Isaacs Library Fund was established by Mr. and Mrs. Isaacs to support acquisitions in the humanities.

The Thomas L. Isaacs Memorial Book Fund was established in 1980 by his family and provides funds to secure books, publications and/or services in the area of economics and general business.

The Lois M. Long '36 Memorial Library Fund was created in 2002 from the Estate of Janet A. Long '40 in memory of her sister.

The Reverend Paul B. Lucas Library Endowment was established in his memory in 1998 by his wife, Helen M. Lucas. It commemorates his lifelong love of learning and his passion for books. Income from the endowment may be used to build the library's collection, purchase equipment needed for teaching and learning, and support needed renovations or expansions of the library itself. One-third of the income should be used to benefit the humanities, one-third to benefit the sciences, and one-third to general library needs.

The Helen B. Russell Library Fund was established in 1990 through a bequest from the estate of Helen B. Russell. Income from this fund will be restricted to the purchase of library books relating to the fields of English and social studies.

The Ann Johnson Schnure Memorial Fund was established in 1982 in memory of Ann Johnson Schnure (1926-1982) of Moncton, New Brunswick, wife of Howard Schnure, who was loved and admired by all who knew her. The Ann Johnson Schnure Memorial Fund provides for the purchase of library resources to support the curriculum at Susquehanna University.

The Brian '98 and Blanche Teats Memorial Fund was established in 1985 under the will of Blanche Teats. The fund provides for the purchase of magazines, periodicals and books for the library.

The Thrivent Library Endowment was established in 1992 by the Lutheran Brotherhood. Income from the fund will provide library resources in support of Lutheran higher education.

The Henry and LaVina Truslow Library Endowment was established in 1992 by Mr. and Mrs. Truslow. Income from the fund provides for the purchase of books for the library.

The Gertrude V. Walker '27 Library Endowment was established in 2000 through a bequest from the estate of Gertrude V. Walker. Income from this fund will be used to provide general support for the Blough-Weis Library.

The Harry Weis '00 Library Endowment was established in 1983 by Robert and Patricia Weis in memory of his father, a 1900 graduate of Susquehanna. The fund provides for the annual purchase of books and periodicals for the enrichment of the library.

The Eleanor S. Wolf Library Endowment was established in 1999 through Mrs. Wolf's estate in memory of Warren L. Wolf and Eleanor S. Wolf '32. Income from the fund is for general support to the Blough-Weis Library.



Architectural image of campus »

Bookmark and Share
close