Semester (GO Long) Programs

  1. SU GO Long programs are found on the SU Study Away Web page. Students submit applications for all semester programs to the Office of Cross-Cultural Programs by the SU deadlines. Pre-approval from the appropriate Susquehanna department chair(s) must be secured for courses taken off-campus that will fulfill major or minor requirements at Susquehanna and pre-approval from the university's Curriculum Committee must be secured for courses taken off-campus that will fulfill Central Curriculum requirements. Students also must complete required waiver and other forms before leaving campus.
  2. Students will be charged Susquehanna University tuition, activity, health and study-away administrative fees during the semester in which they study off campus in an approved SU GO Long program. Students will be billed by Susquehanna University for the study-away program room fee (and board when applicable). Some programs have additional fees, which will be billed directly to the student by the program. In addition, each student will, upon acceptance to a study-away program, be required to pay a deposit directly to the program. In order for the student to participate in study away, the university requires that all accounts be current.
  3. Students in SU GO Long study-away programs who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents will be eligible for most forms of financial aid and scholarships, ordinarily limited to one semester of off-campus study. To access need-based financial aid for off-campus study, students must complete the standard financial aid application, meeting university deadlines;
    1. provide documentation of all expenses they expect to incur in studying away from Susquehanna, including transportation, room, board and other academically required costs;
    2. meet or exceed the required grade point average and satisfactory academic progress requirements for renewal of scholarship assistance and/or need-based financial aid.
  4. Most forms of SU-sponsored scholarship assistance will continue to be available to students in approved SU GO Long programs. Exceptions include all Tuition Exchange awards. However, Tuition Exchange awards may be used for study in SU administered study-away programs, including Washington Internship Semester, SWSB London and SU in China: Macau.
  5. Occasionally students may find that for specific academic reasons they prefer to study off-campus at a program not on the SU GO Long approved list. SU provides a list of other recommended programs for consideration in these cases. Some students may choose to spend a second semester on an SU GO Long program. In either case, no SU aid is available, however state and federal aid may continue to be available. Credit may only be transferred from these programs for courses pre-approved in advance by the appropriate department heads and/or the university Curriculum Committee as described above. Fees vary by program and there is an additional administrative fee.