FAQ and Info
- What is ERes?
- Who can use ERes?
- How do I find the document/article I need?
- What technology is required for access?
ERes stands for Electronic Reserves. The ERes system is designed to provide students online access to digitized reserve materials assigned by faculty. All documents are scanned in PDF format and require Adobe Acrobat Reader for viewing materials. The user may choose to search for reserve items by either the professor’s name or by the four-letter code and course number. After the document is presented on the screen, the user has the option of reading it online, downloading it or printing one copy. Due to copyright regulations, access to ERes materials is limited by password protection.
Access is restricted to the Susquehanna University community and requires a valid SU user name and password. This will permit access to course reserves from off-campus, even when the library is closed.
Once you are logged into the ERes system, follow the on-screen commands. The procedure is as follows:
- Search for your course by department or by instructor,
OR use the ERes Quick Search to search for a specific course, instructor, department, material title or material author/composer. After making selection, click Go.
- Make a course selection from the results list and click Go.
- Read the copyright notice then click Accept.
- Select the desired reserve material.
- ERes will open the program needed to read the material (i.e. Adobe Acrobat Reader, Microsoft Word or Microsoft PowerPoint).
- Close the document.
- Use the BACK button on your browser to navigate the system when no other options are available.
- A Web browser
- A version of Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your system, with the proper plugin enabled for your Web browser
- A valid Susquehanna University account user name and password