FAQ and Info
- What is E-Reserves?
- Who can use E-Reserves?
- How do I find the document/article I need?
- What technology is required for access?
The E-Reserves system (http://tinyurl.com/su-e-reserves) is designed to provide students online access to digitized reserve materials assigned by faculty. All documents are scanned in PDF format and require Adobe Acrobat Reader for viewing materials. The user may choose to search for reserve items by either the professor’s name or by the four-letter code and course number. After the document is presented on the screen, the user has the option of reading it online, downloading it or printing one copy. Due to copyright regulations, access to E-Reserves materials is limited by password protection.
Access is restricted to the Susquehanna University community. Access from off-campus requires a valid SU user name and password. E-Reserves is accessible around the clock, seven days a week.
Once you are logged into the E-Reserves system, follow the on-screen commands. The procedure is as follows:
- At the E-Reserves search box, type one of the following: Instructor name, Course number, or Course name.
- A copyright statement will display. Click the "Continue" button to accept the copyright statement and gain access to course materials.
- If there are multiple folders for a course, click on "Open All Folders" to view all materials for that course.
- Click on the desired document or article to view, print or download the material.
- A Web browser
- A version of Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your system, with the proper plugin enabled for your Web browser
- A valid Susquehanna University account user name and password