Library Renovations and Improvements
The Blough-Weis Library reopened on Monday, August 25. There are many changes, including:
- A completely renovated and redesigned main level, with increased sightlines, natural lighting and a one-stop service desk.
- A new café serving sandwiches, coffee and other beverages.
- A new teaching lab that can seat up to 40 people and convert easily to presentation or display space.
- New study and collaboration spaces with comfortable and flexible seating.
- A theater for film viewing.
- A conversion of the library collection from Dewey Decimal classification to Library of Congress, to enhance collection discoverability and the book browsing experience.