Susquehanna University’s Office of University Communications is seeking a talented, experienced Web developer to create and implement dynamic, efficient, effective technical solutions in support of the university’s communication strategies. The position is the champion for development aspects of the university’s core public website presences, including the university’s Web content management system and related calendaring, Web forms and campus map; secondary websites built on platforms such as WordPress; HTML development in support of communication initiatives; and social media development and integration.
- Recommends technical solutions to achieve Web content presentation and functionality objectives, in collaboration with the Web content strategist and departmental/office content owners.
- Develops Web solutions, including new WCMS templates and modified templates, content widgets and stand-alone HTML pages.
- Serves as project manager for Web technical components in working with external partners on initiatives of varying scope, from small ad-hoc projects to comprehensive web redesign and WCMS projects.
- Collaborates with internal and external resources on site design, user interface and experience and site architecture.
- Is the primary technical support for the community of WCMS contributors across campus, managing the WCMS helpdesk and developing end-user documentation and training.
- Advocates for best practices and possesses expertise in responsive design, SEO, usability, and accessibility achieved through standards-compliant HTML and CSS.
- Stays abreast of WCMS market, leads and disseminates research that informs due diligence and the selection of new CMS solutions as university business and communication needs dictate.
- Works closely with key personnel in the Office of Information Technology in coordinating enterprise-level integration of data systems and technology.
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of five years of Web development experience in a professional larger enterprise setting
- Fluency in Web development best practices
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to teach technical concepts to non-technical people
To receive full consideration, please submit a letter of interest, resume and a list of three professional references. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Materials and inquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Electronic submissions encouraged. Please reference Job Code A13-009.
Attn: University Communications WEBDEV A13-009
514 University Ave
Selinsgrove, PA 17870
Susquehanna University is committed to creating a more diverse community. The university encourages candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply. Susquehanna is an EO/AA employer.