Shuttle Service Driver (Part-Time)
The Student Activities Office of Susquehanna University is searching for a Pennsylvania-licensed driver needed to drive university vehicles for various services, occasions and clientele, including but not limited to:
- Transporting students to and from Harrisburg, Philadelphia and New York City bus stations, train stations and airports.
- Transporting faculty, staff and guests of the university to and from those same locations.
- Operating on-campus shuttle service for events, i.e., Candlelight Service, Commencement, Homecoming, Family Weekend etc.
- Driving for “Traxportation,” a service offered to students on Friday and Saturday nights from 10 p.m.-2 a.m. Students are picked up and dropped off at various on campus locations as well as two nearby off campus locations.
Qualifications and expectations:
- Licensed PA driver in good standing.
- Willing and able to operate a seven-seat mini-van, 10-passenger extended van and a 14-passenger mini-bus.
- Flexibility is imperative. Many shuttle trips are scheduled for weekends, early morning hours and late evening hours. Must be willing to and confident with driving to and into the New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C., metropolitan areas.
- While safety is our No. 1 priority, some trips can be as long as 10 hours roundtrip. Drivers must be willing to drive those long distances and into major cities.
- Drivers are very often the first representatives of the university to meet incoming students and guests. Drivers must be friendly, courteous and accommodating. We have many international guests with varying grasps of the English language. Drivers are expected to be sensitive to this and do their best to engage in necessary communication.
- Drivers are responsible for all paperwork associated with the service, such as mileage sheets, time sheets and collecting necessary receipts.
To receive full consideration, please submit a letter of interest, resume and a list of three professional references by Oct. 21, 2013. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Materials and inquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Electronic submissions encouraged. Please reference Job Code H13-017.
Office of Student Activities, H13-017
514 University Ave.
Selinsgrove, PA 17870
Susquehanna University is committed to creating a more diverse community. The university encourages candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply. Susquehanna is an EO/AA employer.