Susquehanna University seeks a recruitment intern in the Office of Admissions. This is a unique opportunity to work closely with senior recruitment leadership and develop valuable experience in implementing best practices in managing customer relationships. This is a six-month, full-time position, available on or before December 15, with the possibility of renewal. Not eligible for benefits. Compensation: $10 per hour, for a maximum of 1,040 hours. Campus housing and meal supplement available.
- Assist the director of admissions in implementing a new January through March “yield campaign” designed to increase the likelihood of admitted applicants enrolling at Susquehanna in August 2014. The yield campaign seeks to personally match and connect 300 plus admitted applicants with faculty, alumni and current students. The connection medium will be the telephone, supplemented as appropriate by letters and electronic communications. The recruitment intern would be involved in the matching, connection, coordination and tracking of contacts, as well as analyzing the effectiveness of the campaign and potential for expansion.
- Assist the campus visit coordinator in implementing a major upgrade of the campus visit program for prospective students by customizing each visitor’s experience to match academic and extracurricular interests. Elements of the visit program include pre- and post-visit communications with prospective students; the campus tour and tour guides; interactions with faculty, staff and current students; academic and co-curricular experiences; and overnights.
- A bachelor’s degree is required, and preference will be given to Susquehanna University alumni. Demonstrated interest in a career in admissions, sales, marketing, public relations or a related field preferred
- Outstanding communication skills, especially the ability to listen as well as to write and speak
- Experience in managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- Ability to interact with a range of constituents, colleagues and personalities
- Ability to convey the value of a Susquehanna education
- Strong social and motivational skills
- Customer service orientation
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends
If you are interested in this position, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Campus Visit Coordinator
Please reference Job Code A13-022
Applications will be considered as they are received.