TitleAbout - 0 14250

Change of Funding or Study Area

Making sure that all information on your I-20 is up-to-date is an important part of maintaining your F-1 status. If any changes occur regarding your degree level, funding, or major/program of study, you will want to update your I-20.

Change of Funding
You should update your funding before you leave the U.S. if you are planning to renew your visa before you re-enter. You will need to submit a Request for I-20 Form to IES along with financial support documents. If you have other reasons for updating the funding information on your I-20, then it is suggested that you come in to speak with an IES advisor.

Change of Major/Program of Study
If you change your major or add an additional major, you will need to submit a Request for I-20 Form indicating what the change is so that we may update your I-20.


Bookmark and Share