Student Eligibility and Services
Susquehanna University’s team of physicians and nurses provide compassionate and confidential care for our students. We are available for same-day urgent care needs, for physical exams, women’s and men’s health issues, nutritionist care, preventative care, and much more.
All full time undergraduate students are eligible to access these services, having paid the mandatory Health Services fee.This fee includes an EIIA “in-excess” benefits package allowing coverage for some lab and diagnostic fees and can be used secondary to the student’s private insurance. Benefit use must be prompted by a referral from the Health Center. International students receive a more inclusive plan after review of the student’s visa. Part-time students and student teacher interns are not required to pay this fee and are therefore ineligible for services rendered at the SU Student Health Center.
Services offered include:
- Ambulatory Health Care
- Allergy Injections
- Tuberculosis screening
- Flu vaccine services
- HIV testing and consultation
- HPV vaccine and consultation
- Women’s Health
- Men’s health
- Health Records
- Phlebotomy services
- Nutritional services with Registered Dietician
- Medical equipment
- Medication services—Fee applied and may be forwarded to the student’s account if the student prefers or student can pay in Health Center with credit card or Crusader cash. This service includes limited antibiotics, oral contraceptives and some over-the-counter medication.
- Radiology services on site
- Health and Wellness programming
- Annual Health Fair
- Dauntless Hook and Ladder Ambulance League offers Susquehanna University students a special subscription that manages out-of-the pocket expenses incurred in the event of emergency treatment and/or transport by that service. If you choose to subscribe to the DH&L Ambulance League services, please make certain to enroll in the current academic year.