Center for Diversity and Social Justice and International Student Services
Open doors, open minds
Susquehanna is a welcoming climate for cultural growth. In a community with both open doors and open minds, you are known as a whole person—your background and beliefs being parts of who you are.
The Center for Diversity and Social Justice provides support to minority students while fostering diversity across campus. The center's offerings include the following:
- Events, signature programs, guest speakers and entertainers
- Mentoring initiative to assist new students
- The Carl H. Hitchner Fellowship for Sexual and Gender Minorities and Social Justice for rising juniors and seniors interested in social justice
- The Theresa Palmer Society for women of diverse backgrounds
- Support for student-run affinity groups
- Services for international students
MLK Winter Convocation 2013 Video
President L. Jay Lemons offers introductory remarks to commemorate Martin Luther King Jr., and 2013 Winter Convocation speakers James Stowe and the Rev. C.T. Vivian discuss the legacy of King's civil rights efforts for the newest generation of individuals on college campuses today.