Since its establishment in 1858, Susquehanna University has relied upon the support and commitment of countless individuals whose efforts and generosity have advanced the capacity and reputation of the school. Among those individuals, a few very special donors stand out as playing an integral role in shaping the institution. The mission of the Susquehanna Society is to recognize the lifetime philanthropic support of those special alumni and friends whose giving has transformed the university.
Douglas E. Arthur Plaza
Thanks to a gift by Lucille M. Arthur in honor of her late husband Douglas E. Arthur, a 1949 graduate of Susquehanna, the university established Douglas E. Arthur Plaza as a place to celebrate and recognize the extraordinary generosity of current and future Susquehanna Society members.