Psi Chi national psychology honor society was chartered at Susquehanna in 1968 to advance the science of psychology and encourage scholarship in all academic fields, particularly psychology. To become a member, a student should have completed three courses in psychology with at least a B average, rank in the top 35 percent of her or his class and be accepted by vote.
The mission of the national organization is to produce a well-educated, ethical and socially responsible member committed to contributing to the science and profession of psychology and to society in general. Psi Chi has identified several goals to support this mission:
- Advance science and the profession of psychology
- Promote an educational experience consistent with the mission
- Promote ethical and socially responsible members and leaders
- Define and establish an organizational structure that promotes our mission
- Recognize and foster the contributions that diversity makes to the science and practice of psychology