- Majors & Minors
- Study Abroad
- Academic Calendar
- Central Curriculum
- Course Catalog
- Blough-Weis Library
- Center for Academic Achievement
- Honors Program
- Summer Session
- Graduate Results
- Success Stories
- Career Development Center
- Centers and Lectureships
- Academic Resources
- Due Dates
- Tuition & Financial Aid
- Admission Representatives by Region
- Housing & Dining
- Student Activities & Programs
- Fun On Campus
- Title IX
- Bias Response
- Our Campus & Location
- Diversity Matters
- Center for Diversity & Inclusion
- Our Leadership
- History and Traditions
- In the Community
- Title IX
- Event Calendar
Wednesday, May 16, 2018—1 p.m., Garrett Sports Complex
We look forward to seeing you on campus for this memorable and sentimental occasion as we say goodbye to the Class of 2018.
If you have questions about Commencement, please call the Office of Event Management at 570-372-4354 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch the livestream, beginning at 12:50 p.m. on May 16.
Tuesday, May 15—8-9 p.m., Smith Lawn
Baccalaureate is a celebration of gratitude for the gifts of education, learning and service—including special music, reflections and readings. Please join us at the post-Baccalaureate festival in Degenstein Campus Center immediately following the service.
Final grades for the spring semester will be available by noon on Monday, May 14, on mySU.
The registrar will contact those students who are not successful in satisfying the necessary requirements for graduation.
Students must pay all financial obligations to the university before graduation. This includes unpaid tuition, library fines, health center charges, parking tickets, athletic equipment charges, charges for unreturned books etc.
Payments in full must be received by Student Financial Services by 4 p.m. May 11 for students to pick up caps and gowns. Please direct questions about student account balances to 570-372-4450. Student Financial Services is located at 512 University Ave.
Susquehanna has made arrangements with several outside firms to provide Commencement-related services. You are under no obligation to purchase their products.
GradImages will take professional photos of students receiving their diplomas. The company will contact students with information about its services.
- Balfour will provide information in the spring semester to graduates about ordering graduation announcements and class rings. For more information, visit Balfour's website.
- Celebration Express in the Student Activities Office offers gifts for graduates, such as balloon bouquets, cakes and bookstore gifts. Call the Student Activities Office at 570-372-4395 to place your order by noon on May 14 and then pick up your gift after 9 a.m. at the information desk the morning of Commencement.
- Commencement flowers will be available at the Field House from noon through Commencement for guests who wish to purchase flowers for their graduate. View or purchase flowers in advance.
- The campus bookstore will offer a 10 percent discount on select merchandise to graduating students and their families on May 15 and 16 from 8:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Special accommodations for Baccalaureate service and the Commencement ceremony are available for wheelchair users, the visually and hearing impaired* and those with other mobility or health conditions.
Handicapped parking (with advance registration) is available in the Weber Chapel lot and near the Garrett Sports Complex. Shuttle bus services are available before and after both Baccalaureate and Commencement to and from all Susquehanna University parking lots. The shuttle services will make stops at the main entrance to the Baccalaureate service at Smith Field, and the main entrance and the special needs entrance at the Garrett Sports Complex for Commencement.
Please contact the Office of Event Management at 570-372-4354 or email@example.com to reserve these services for you or any of your guests.
*A sign language interpreter will be used for both services.
Seniors will receive the first Qualtrics Survey from the Office of Event Management on Feb. 1 with information on how to:
- Submit their graduation gown size
- Confirm their study abroad sash to show where they did their cross cultural experience
- Submit the phonetic spelling of their names if they have experienced difficulties with name pronunciation in the past
If you do not receive the Qualtrics Survey email from the Office of Event Management, please contact the Office of Event Management at 570-372-4354 by March 15, 2018, to confirm your sash and submit your gown size. If you have previously opted out of receiving any surveys, you will not receive the Commencement survey.
Parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis. You may park in any non-handicapped space.
Spaces in the Weber Chapel lot and those near the Clyde H. Jacobs Fitness Center will be reserved for persons with special needs.
More than 200 additional parking spaces are available in the Sassafras Street lot. To access this lot from campus, take University Avenue to Market Street, turn right, proceed two blocks to Sassafras, turn right again and travel approximately one-quarter mile. The lot will be on your right.
See the special needs tab for information about shuttles and handicapped parking.
We want to hear from you!
Graduating students have two opportunities to provide feedback on their Susquehanna experience:
College Senior Survey
This survey studies the impact of service-learning, leadership development and student-faculty interactions. It also assesses a wide variety of instructional practices.
This survey is used to report SU employment and enrollment statistics. Graduates' responses to both surveys help the university chart its course to best serve future students, assist in building an alumni community and help document the prestige of SU, which will benefit alumni in their career.
Concert pianist Awadagin Pratt will deliver the keynote address at our 160th commencement, and he and John A. Carpenter will receive honorary degrees.