It’s time to paint the virtual town Orange and Maroon!
Our most colorful tradition of the year returns Friday, May 1. This year, to share the Susquehanna spirit even wider, we’ll be celebrating our university’s unique and beloved colors all week long.
Beginning Monday, April 27, take a photo that matches our daily theme and share it on social media using #oandmday.
The daily Orange and Maroon themes are:
- Monday, April 27 – Show your Class Affinity (Classes of '20, '21, '22, '23 & '24)
- Tuesday, April 28 – Tik Tok Tuesday - Show off your SU spirit with song or dance
- Wednesday, April 29 – Working From Home - Show the world your SU pride at home – in your workspace, décor, meals, etc.
- Thursday, April 30 – Teams - Share photos of you and your fellow athletes, sorority or fraternity members, co-workers, family, classmates or pets rocking orange and maroon
- Friday, May 1 – OandM Day – Flood social media with orange and maroon and help select the winning photo or video!
Class of 2020!
Don’t forget that participating in Orange and Maroon Day puts you one step closer to becoming a Senior Champion.
Participation means fulfilling the tradition of Spirit for the Champions for Growth program.
How to Participate
Post your photo or video to social media, tag @susquehannau and use the hashtag #oandmday.
Don’t use social media? No problem. Just send your photos here, and we’ll do the rest.
Prizes Prizes Prizes!
There are six prizes! Every day we'll find and share our favorite themed photo or video, and the winner will receive a $100 gift card for the campus bookstore.
On Friday, May 1, We’ll share a Facebook album of our favorite #oandmday content. Over the weekend, vote using your comments and likes for your favorite! Voting closes at 3 p.m. on Sunday May 3. And when the votes are in on Sunday, the winner will receive a $200 gift card to the campus bookstore.
Every year on May 1, we celebrate our unusual colors with Orange and Maroon Day #oandmday.
Launched in 2014, Orange and Maroon Day gives prospective students, current students, faculty, staff, alumni, parents and families a chance to show how far the Susquehanna family reaches and to win a great prize.
Photos come from near and far - from right here on campus and from students studying abroad half a world away. And often, our most excited participants are from the incoming first-year class, who show off the orange and maroon in their high schools National College Decision Day.
Don't forget to wear your orange and maroon this May 1! Then post your photos on our Facebook page and tag them with #oandmday on Instagram or Twitter for a chance to win prizes.