- Tuition & Financial Aid
- Admission Representatives by Region
- Housing & Dining
- Student Activities & Programs
- Fun On Campus
- Title IX
- Student & Campus Services
- Our Campus & Location
- Diversity Matters
Do you love to sing?
Then consider our High School Choral Institute, a unique summer performance experience for high school students.
During this week-long, residential program, you'll work on improving your musicianship, vocal technique and choral performance skills while getting a taste of college life.
If you're entering 9th-12th grade in the fall of 2017, you're invited to apply for our High School Choral Institute.
Summer dates: June 25 - July 1, 2017
You'll spend a week living on campus:
- Singing in the institute choir conducted by Julia Thorn, D.M.A., and Jason Vodicka, D.M.A.
- Taking classes in music theory, conducting, diction and vocal science
- Receiving group vocal instruction from Susquehanna voice faculty
- Hearing performances by Susquehanna students and faculty
- Participating in the closing concert in Stretansky Concert Hall
You'll also take a trip to nearby Knoebels Amusement Resort and have plenty of time for fun and relaxation with other participants, including game night and a pool party.
$595 if online application is completed on or before May 1 and $695 if online application is completed after May 1.
- Housing in a modern residence hall setting
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner in the university's dining hall
- Choral music and classroom materials
- Campus social activities
A limited number of scholarships are available.
Your days will be filled with classes and choir rehearsals.
Along with professional training and performing experience, you'll also take a trip to Knoebels Amusement Resort, have a game night, enjoy a pool party and more.
"I loved my experience here. My counselors were great, caring and understanding, beautiful musicians and brilliant humans, true role models."
"I enjoyed this camp very much! I feel like I'm leaving a better musician and have been taught valuable information. All of staff were very nice, supportive, and helpful. I loved them all and the camp!"
"This camp has solidified my interest in studying music and I am really considering Susquehanna."
"Dr. Vodicka, you are by far the most influential director I've ever had, and I've been singing for 9 years. I've grown so much this week."
"I enjoyed the repertoire. It was diverse and varied while still being fun and challenging."
"All of the teachers were very informative and I feel that I have learned many new ideas and ways of understanding music."
"Thank you to the counselors and conductors for creating a great experience and working very hard to help make us better musicians."
"I have never been so inspired by a director [Dr. Julia Thorn]. You have not just taught me to sing with confidence, but connect with the art and sing with passion."