LIFE provides high school students entering grades 10 through 12 with a once-in-a-lifetime leadership experience. Selection is competitive.
Now in its 25th year, LIFE will introduce you to finance, banking, stock and bond markets, sales, advertising and global trade concepts.
Get ready to explore the exciting world of business while still in high school.
You'll improve your understanding of business and gain experience in effective collaboration as you work side by side with an excellent team of university faculty, staff and students.
You'll have a chance to meet with nationally recognized entrepreneurs and alumni. While learning about leadership, entrepreneurship and team building, you'll also have time for fun and relaxation.
The cost is $695 for those who apply by April 1 and $795 for anyone who applies after April 1.
- Housing in a modern residence hall setting
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner in the university's cafeteria or on field trip sites
- Educational materials such as books and software
- Field trip transportation to Hershey's Museum and Hersheypark.
Students should bring spending money for admission to Hersheypark for bookstore purchases, snacks and other personal expenses.
Why should you attend LIFE? Because you'll:
1. Gain real-world entrepreneurial experience and skills like planning, marketing, pricing and advertising.
2. Develop team-building skills valued by today's employers and investors.
3. Get a preview of life on a college campus.
4. Strengthen your resume for college and job applications.
5. Discover the entrepreneur in you.
6. Gain a new sense of self-confidence.
7. Feel what it's like to be part of the Susquehanna family
You should arrive on campus on Sunday, June 26, between 3 and 5 p.m. The formal welcome begins at 5 p.m.
Highlights of the week include:
- Welcome and ice cream social
- Variety of entrepreneurship presentations and simulation programs
- Hersheypark visits
- Formal end-of-session presentations
- Dining etiquette exercise
The program concludes on Saturday, July 2, with parents encouraged to attend. An extended breakfast with the dean, the Sigmund Weis School of Business faculty and parents will be held from 8 to 9:15 a.m. LIFE participants will present their final presentations and infomercials on Saturday from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- 8-8:45 a.m.-Breakfast
- 9-10 a.m.-Introduction to computer simulation
- 10-10:15 a.m.-Break
- 10:15-11:30 a.m.-Computer simulation
- 11:30-12:30 p.m.-Lunch
- 1-2 p.m.-Keynote address
- 2-2:20 p.m.-Meeting with keynote speaker and snack
- 2:30-4:15 p.m.-Computer simulation
- 6-7:30 p.m.- Power dining experience
- 8-9:30 p.m.-Swimming, basketball, etc.
- 10 p.m.-Group meeting
- Midnight-Lights out
- Toiletry items
- Towels and washcloths
- Blankets and pillows (NOTE: sheets and pillowcases are provided)
- Sports equipment
- A desk lamp
- Alarm clock
- Musical instruments
- School supplies such as paper, pens and pencils
- Casual clothing for class sessions and outings
- A formal outfit for the dining etiquette exercise and formal presentation
- Athletic clothing for swimming, basketball and other activities (including bathing suits, swimming trunks or shorts without zippers or buttons on the outside for water park rides)
- Spending money
"The LIFE program helped me gain insightful knowledge of entrepreneurship and business management. As a business major at Susquehanna University, I feel LIFE has given me a clear advantage over other students. My LIFE program experience and view of the business program were the largest influential factors affecting my decision to study here." -Jim Weyent
"The LIFE program was such an amazing experience that I could have stayed for another two weeks at least. Thanks again!"-Rob Langtry
"Thank you for giving our son Zachary the memory and experience of a lifetime."-Marc and Jacqui Litif
"I want to thank you for giving me the opportunity to take part in this wonderful experience...I hope that future young entrepreneurs will get the same chance that I did to shine."-Brenton Wanner
"It was one of the best experiences of my life."-Kevin T. Weyant
"Thank you for the wonderful time I had at the Leadership Institute for Entrepreneurship program."-Paul Anderson
"Many students tell me LIFE was 'the best week of my life.' I think the key to such a wonderful experience is the combination of real-life, successful entrepreneurs, lifelong educators, and college-age program assistants who are all passionate about seeing each and every student have a fun-filled educational week with us. "-Tom Houck, parent of former LIFE students and former entrepreneur-in-residence
You'll need a recommendation from anyone who knows you well and is not a relative, such as a teacher, guidance counselor, supervisor for a job or a volunteer position you hold, religious leader, etc.
Attn: Jayme Long
514 University Ave.
Selinsgrove, PA 17870
year of program
% of LIFE students enroll in business program
experience of a lifetime