July 13, 2016
Pokémon Go is taking the world by storm—including Susquehanna University and the surrounding community.
A stroll around campus reveals the varied critters everywhere! Here are the nine best spots and gyms near us:
- Fountain at Arthur Plaza—Start your adventure near an iconic spot on campus—the fountain. Maybe you'll snag yourself a water Pokémon.
- Degenstein Campus Center—Catch a monster while you wait for your macchiato.
- Scholars' House—The pyramid sculpture here can point you to some Pokéballs to gear up for the rest of your travels.
- Art Studio—The unique sculpture outside is a draw for steel Pokemons.
- University Avenue—Whether you're visiting campus for the first time or back for Homecoming, a Pokémon will be here to welcome you.
- Amos Alonzo Stagg Statue—Good luck catching Drowsee, the hulking, elephant-nosed Pokémon.
- Little Norway (near Taste of Philly)—Grab some grub and catch your Pokémon.
- Pump House Park—Who knew Pokémon like the shade of the gazebo as much as we do?
- Kidsgrove—Between the tube slides and the minitown, there are plenty of places for Pokémon to hide.
If you haven't been on social media—or conscious—lately, Pokémon Go is the latest iteration of the Nintendo Pokémon franchise that launched in the 1990s. Unlike previous Pokémon games, Pokémon Go is not for home gaming consoles; it's a free app download for cell phones. And, although the goal is still to "catch 'em all," Pokémon Go is the first, widespread augmented reality game, mixing real-world elements with the task of catching Pokémon's various characters.
But definitely don't limit yourself to campus. Pokémon are scattered throughout the surrounding community of Selinsgrove. So far, they've been found hiding on Market Street, in Pump House Park, Selinsgrove Commons, Kidsgrove and other locations.
So if you haven't already, grab your cell phones and catch 'em all! (Just don't get hurt doing it.)